How do you know if you are ready for government contracting?
- You have a legally registered business; and
- You have been in business for 2 years or more and have a history of past performance; and
- Your product or unique skill set is needed by the government; and
- You are financially stable; and
- You can commit the time, money, and personnel to this process, and
- You have the required insurance or certificates needed in your industry.
If you answered yes to all of the statements, then your company might be ready for government contract.
If you answered no to one or some of the statement, then your company might be ready to meet a SBDC counselor. Start with your local Small Business Development Center (SBDC). They can help you expand your business and prepare you for government contracting.